Fragrance Oil, like other cosmetics, has a shelf life if you are not mindful of how to preserve it. But unlike most makeup, it can be hard to replace, extremely expensive, and once something happens to it, there’s no putting it back together. Because fragrance oil is so vulnerable to degradation from a number of factors, smart storage practices are important. Many distributors may cut the fragrance with an additive. No need to worry, ScentSationals believes in PURE product! Want to know how to keep your favorite fragrance oil smelling exactly as they should for as long as possible? Here’s what to do.
- Do not transfer it to a plastic container of any kind. The glass bottle will keep your fragrance potent
- Keep them away from temperature extremes. The best temperature is a good bit colder than a comfortable room, around 55-60 degrees. If you want the perfect conditions, try storing your fragrance in a drawer.
- Don’t put them in your bathroom. It makes sense to put your favorite perfume on your sink, but it’s actually not a good idea. Bathrooms are hot and humid, which makes them prime areas for breaking down the fragrance’s molecules and introducing bacteria.
- Keep your stuff in the dark. Light exposure degrades lots of molecules, including those in most fragrances. So keeping your scents somewhere with little to no light exposure is best.
- Keep Caps on the bottles. Keep the caps on the bottles after each use so that it will not to affect the fragrance ingredients.